SCREEN-L Archives

February 1996, Week 5

From:
Fetching Pictures <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 13:25:24 GMT
Charley Murphy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Anyone catch the Susan Sontag article in last Sunday's New York Times
>Magazine? Her idea is that "true" cinephilia is dead. Full of references to
>the good old days when students "couldn't live without Rosselini, Goddard,
>etc."  Very Europhilic.

i didnt see the article but i work at and do a lot of the ordering for
Art & Trash Video and Laserdisc in toronto. i assure you that
rossellini, godard, and many others are far from dead to the mind of
the viewer. you can check out our web site to see what we carry.

L.
Lincoln Stewart
Fetching Pictures
http://www.fetching.com/