SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

Sender:
From:
RACHEL BELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 1994 16:16:09 +1100
On Friday night, against the advice of several film buffs, I rented
Mike Leigh's "Naked".  I found it to be at times intriguing while at
other times monotonous.  This is the first Mike Leigh movie that I
have seen and I am interested in what people have to say about his
other films--"Life is Sweet" and "High Hopes".  Are they similar in
style?  I know that there was no script for "Naked"-does Leigh do
this for all of his films?  Any input is appreciated.  I'm new to the
list and apologize in advance if this is a dead subject.
Thanks,

Rachel Bell