SCREEN-L Archives

December 2006, Week 1

Sender:
From:
Scott Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 00:39:46 -0500
I am wondering how one sees most of the films discussed in Bruce Murray's book.  Up to the point I have read, he states only three films he discusses as being lost (Kladd and Datch; Miracle of Love, Tragedy of the Children).  Does one have to go to Germany?  Even Amazon.de doesn't have most of them.

Fridericus Rex (1922)
Der Alte Fritz/Old Fritz (1928)
Die Verrufenen/The Notorious(1925)
Die Schmiede/The Forge (1924)
Freies Volk/Liberated People (1925)
Im Anfang das Wort /In the Beginning Was the Word (1928)
Freie Fahrt/Full Speed Ahead (1928)
Überflüssige Menschen/Superfluous People (1926)
Eins + Eins = Drei/One + One = Three (1927)
Schinderhannes (1928)
Falschmünzer/Counterfeiters (1928)
Der Hauptmann von Köpenick/The Captain of Köpenick (1931)
Niemandsland/No Man's Land (1931)
Die Drei von der Tankstelle/The Three from the Gas Station (1930)
Kuhle Wampe oder: Wem gehört die Welt? (1932)

Aside from the well-knowns, most of which I've seen, it seems the only ones that are (were) available in this country on video were Kameradschaft, Mädchen in Uniform, and Asphalt.

Scott

Sent via the WebMail system at cix.csi.cuny.edu