SCREEN-L Archives

January 1992

From:
"Matt McAllister" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 1992 07:55:23 EST
never taught "Hoosiers" in class, but being a Hoosier myself, I know
that the movie was roughly based on a true story: the championship
of Milan High, a very small school in Indiana.  The Gene Hackman
character was fictious, as was the way they won the Championship game
(Milan essentially held the ball the entire game, which of course
does not make for great movie drama).  I know there was a Sports
Illustrated story about Milan's championship published about 7-8
years ago.  Hope this helps a little.

Matt McAllister, Virginia Tech.