SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

From:
Rod Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 1994 08:07:00 EST
Mark: I've taught a course entitled, "Philosophy and the Film," since
1987 and have a fairly well worked list of films that have "worked"
for my students (college seniors) taking a philosophy elective.  The
short list would include: Citizen Kane, Annie Hall, Chinatown,
Network, A Clockwork Orange, Do the Right Thing, All That Jazz, Life
of Brian, El Norte, Catch-22 and 12 Angry Men.
  I have a longer list and a lengthy syllabus.  If you'd care to see
them, I can send by snailmail.  RH