SCREEN-L Archives

September 1994

From:
Stuart Lerner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 1994 07:43:04 -0700
On Thu, 29 Sep 1994, Naomi Tirosh wrote:

> One of our teachers is going to use films in his psychology course and
> looking for films contain sceens of Client-Therapist Interaction. Any
> suggestion will be appreciate.

A classic would be Judd Hirsch/Timothy Huttn in "Ordinary People".  An
excellent example of sqeezing maximum impact into the scenes.  (BTW,
after watching Ordinary People, my parents tried to get my brother and I
into sailing.)    {:^)

Another, of course, would "Prince of Tides" and the intereaction between
Barbara Streisand and Nick Nolte.  Try not to be distracted by the length
of Bab's fingernails.

Last, but not least, any Woody Allen would surely do.  My favorites are
"Annie Hall", with the split screen with Woody Allen/Diane Keaton each in
their own session.

Psych:  How often do you have sex?
Diane:  Constantly, three to four times per week.
Woody:  Hardly ever, three to four a week.

Happy hunting.

Take it easy, but take it.

Sincerely,
Stu L.