SCREEN-L Archives

March 1996, Week 4

Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 19:10:50 -0500
>Is the phenomenon of wheels appearing to spin backwards related in any way
>to the appearance of a horizontal line scrolling upwards on computer
>screens when they appear in television footage?
>
>Curious about that vision thing,
>
>Kate Bowles
>University of Wollongong
Yeh, They lock the vertical frame in with the 60 cyles that is always
present in your electricity. The 60 cycles of the TV becomes sort of like
an echo.

This same 60 cylces control those old record players and that's why that
rapidly igniting strobe fires as fast as it does.

I had one of these muscle vibrators one time while I was watching tv. I put
it on the left side of my head and the tv picture stretched like
surrealistic, LSD trip as did the large LED Clock I had above the TV, and
an image shift. The first thing I thought was the battery vibrator was
close to 60 cycles, but then I found out it was just that my brain
was loose.

73, Art NE Pa.