SCREEN-L Archives

June 2002, Week 1

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 21:33:59 -0500
NEW TUTORIAL ON TVCRIT.COM:

HOW TO CAPTURE STILL AND MOTION VIDEO

FOR EDUCATIONAL USE

We've just completed a tutorial that shows, step by step, how you can grab
a still frame or capture short clips from video and manipulate them on your
computer.  And we show you how to do so on a modest budget.

Using techniques you can learn in an afternoon, students and teachers can
excerpt stills and motion video for use in analytical papers and classroom
presentations.  These techniques allow you to "quote" from video and
properly illustrate your critical efforts.

Topics covered:

Part 1: Importing Video Into Your Computer From DVD
Part 2: Importing Analog Video Into Your Computer
Part 3: Capturing Still Images
Part 4: Using Your Captures: Print Formats
Part 5: Capturing Motion Images
Part 6: Processing Captures with QuickTime Pro
Part 7: Using Your Captures: Digital/Online Formats

You can find the tutorial by visiting www.TVCrit.com, selecting "Resources"
and then selecting "Frame-Grab Tutorial."

Our next project:

A DVD companion for TELEVISION--featuring illustrative full-screen,
full-motion clips.

Please let us know if there's anything you'd like to see added to TVCrit.com.

Jeremy Butler
TELEVISION: CRITICAL METHODS AND APPLICATIONS
www.TVCrit.com