SCREEN-L Archives

April 1996, Week 1

From:
Jesse Kalin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 09:42:03 -0400
"The artist formerly known as Prince" is identified in the credits as "the
body in the field", as contrasted with, presumbably, the guy in the car who
we see running into the field and being shot.  If present, this should be
the scene in which the police chief  arrives at the scene of the shooting
and looks at the bodies--one in the car and the other off in the field,
lying stretched out.  Can one tell whether this "stretched out" figure is
"Prince" or not?  I don't know.  What should one expect from a film that
starts with the note that it is a true story and ends with the disclaimer
that all characters are fictional and any resemblance to actual occurences
is purely coincidental?

Jesse Kalin
Vassar College
Kalin@Vassar