SCREEN-L Archives

February 1996, Week 1

From:
liz weis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 22:41:22 EST
I would very much appreciate references to scenes, lines of dialogue,
characters that refer to insurance.  I would guess that most of them
would refer to insurance salespeople.  Most useful would be comic references.
If possible please mention something that would help me locate the scene, as
well as the title and possibly the specific line of dialogue.  To save you
all the trouble, I've already remembered Bruce Baldwin in _His Girl Friday_..."
OF COURSE IT DOESN'T DO YOU MUCH GOOD WHILE YOU'RE ALIVE..." (or something
to that effect) and Lloyds of London and Double Indemnity.  But just minor
characters are equally helpful for my purposes.  Thanks.  liz Weis, the
Stern Professor of Humor (no kidding!), Brooklyn College, CUNY.