SCREEN-L Archives

April 1993

From:
Mark Bunster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1993 11:18:38 EDT
*
* Many of you may not agree with me, but I feel compelled to respond to the
* remarks about Seinfeld and Mad about You.  "Too neurotic" is like saying
* "too New York."  Let's face it;  what they really mean is "too Jewish."
* It's offensive.
*
* Jane Banks
*

As the person who first suggested these shows were "too neurotic," I think
you pushed the panic button a little too quickly. You don't even know if I'm
Jewish myself! As a side note, I was reading a crappy entertainment rag
called US EXpress at a friend's house, and the cover was on Julia
Louis-Dreyfuss. She also referred to the show as "neurotic." I hope Jerry
doesn't get on her case!

At the risk of inflaming, Ambrose Beirce wrote:

Anti-semite--1. Someone who hates Jews.
             2. Someone Jews hate.

--
Mark Bunster                      |Exchange conversation if you dare--
Survey Research Lab--VCU          |Share an empty thought or a laugh.