SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 3

From:
Brian McIlroy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 1994 15:40:57 CST
We have a different view here at the University of British Columbia with
regard to the various CD-Roms listed below.      We found the Chadwick
Healy and the BFI one very limited; the one we would like to see is the
Film Literature index volumes on CD-ROM as well as elements found in the
BFI and FIAF ones. Our library (number 25 on the 300 research library
list for all you elitists out there!) balked at the price and the cost of
the updated disks. Our film graduate students tried them out and
uniformly panned the two of them, all agreeing that Film/Literature Index
was the reference of choice. Our librarians and faculty from other Depts
also questioned the premises of Chadwick healy's project/s. Am I/we
really off base here? Interested to know of other people's views....Brian
McIlroy