SCREEN-L Archives

October 1999, Week 4

Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 17:55:47 EDT
In a message dated 10/24/99 4:37:14 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Of course none of this faffing about would be necessary if distributors
simply labelled their cans and leaders with the ratio they want their films
to be shown in.

We tried to do that in the States but cans and leaders would be replaced at
will (sometimes) creating some embarrasing mistakes.

What we have done is put the aspect ratio in our film catalog, publicity, and
the press kit and sent these to the theaters. Luckily, the best theaters call
and confirm ratio (or with silent films, suggested film speed) before showing
the film.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite