SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

From:
"Robinson, Marlyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 1994 18:38:00 CST
This has nothing to do with OJ, Forrest Gump or True Lies.  I'm responding
to a paper on the image of lawyers in film and I need a quick survey.  The
writers propose that law is seen "with rose colored glasses" and that
frequently the lawyer is an heroic figure.  I think the public is more
likely to view lawyers in a negative light and that film reflects this
attitude.  I know hundreds of nasty lawyer movies, but that's because it's
my area.  I would like to know, absolutely off the top of your head(s), what
movies come to mind when you think of lawyers?  If you had to think
specifically of corrupt, manipulative, sleazy mouthpieces, what would you
come up with?
Thanks.

Marlyn Robinson
UT Law Library