SCREEN-L Archives

April 1993

From:
Jerry Henderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1993 15:49:39 EDT
*** Resending note of 04/02/93 22:33
To: SCREEN-L--UA1VM    Screen List

From: Jerry Henderson

     Hello!  I'm Jerry Henderson, on faculty of Dept. of Broadcast & Cinematic
Arts at Central Michigan University.
     We're trying to develop a defensible policy on the ownership of media
materials, whether produced for a classroom project assignment or from
an independent study senior paper, undergrad or grad thesis.
     I'd appreciate any input from those of you out there who have
in place or in development policy as it relates to materials produced
by students whether only handed in to an instructor or superior, presented
in class, or broadcast on radio, television, or cable outlet --
and prepared or presented from any medium, including audio tape or disc,
computer (eg.: MIDI), video in any format, film (still or moving), etc..
     Also, is your policy different depending upon whether the student
used his/her own equipment or used that of the university or college;
or whether the student represented him/herself as from your organization
(eg.:"Reporter from News Central" TV News Organization)?
     ANY AND ALL HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Jerry Henderson
Central Michigan University
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859
(517) 774-7284