SCREEN-L Archives

September 2010, Week 1

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2010 17:04:17 -0400
From:
scott hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
7BIT
I remember reading a passage in grad school about the female audience
response to _The Corbett-Fitzsimmons Fight_.  When I discovered that
this title led to a redlink on Wikipedia, I started working on one went
looking through the two books I where I thought I might have read this
(Jancovich's _The Place of the Audience_ and Tsivian's _Early Cinema in
Russia_, but I didn't find it.  I remember the author used this to
launch into an essay about women audiences enjoying seeing Rudolph
Valentino topless and getting beaten.

Can anyone remind me what book this is?

Thnak you,

Scott