SCREEN-L Archives

September 1993

From:
Rick Francis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1993 08:53:23 -0500
Since there was a fair amount of interest in my query on European roots of
American film noir, I thought I'd mention an article (in French) that I
just received through interlibrary loan:

Viviani, Christian.  "Les e'migre's allemands dans le film noir
ame'ricain entre 1944 et 1954."  CinemAction  56 (July 1990):  38-43.
OCLC 13384706

If you have to get it through ILL, that OCLC number will probably please
your librarians.  The article is too short to be really great, but gives
concise accounts of the American careers of Curtiz, Dieterle', Ulmer,
Zinnemann, Lang, Preminger, Siodmak, Brahm.

Rick Francis