SCREEN-L Archives

September 1994

From:
Yves Lever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 1994 22:15:43 -0400
One of my students is making a rechearch on how the french canadian films
(films from Quebec) like The Decline of the American Empire, Mon oncle
Antoine, Good Riddances... have been received in the United States.

Has anyone of you seen any of the Quebec films? What do you think of
them? Have they had a good criticism? Do you think many people have seen
them? Is there a place for french canadian films on the american market?

W know that some of them have won awards in some american festivals. Two
animation films of Frederic Back have won Oscars, and one of Coe
Hoedeman. You know of some other awards?

You can send your answers to the group or to my personnal email

Yves Lever