SCREEN-L Archives

March 1999, Week 4

Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 00:36:01 EST
Paul Wiener was right that Kazan would say nothing to undo any damage.
This would seem to indicate he is unrepentent about naming names.

My question is why he seems a particular target for hatred by leftist
intellectual whereas, unless I have missed something, other "friendly
witnesses" to the hearings like Sterling Hayden, Robert Rossen and Jerome
Robbins (to name a few) seem rarely villified in print.  Does anyone know
if Kazan behaved considerably worse than some of the others?

Mark Netter