SCREEN-L Archives

October 1993

Sender:
From:
Aris Gerakis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1993 19:47:21 EDT
Woody Allen's "The Front" is a good start on the McCarthy era.  Not the
typical Allen movie where he plays the psychotic that I have come to
believe all New Yorkers are.  This is more similar to the "Danny Rose" movie
in some respects (and only some).

Also, I have seen a documentary with excerpts from the actual hearings, in a
journalism class I took ~5 yr ago.  Edited, of course (you don't want to
hear countless days of testimony).  I don't know the name of the film, though.
If you absolutely want something documentary, I will try and search the name
and address of the professor whose class I was in.

Also, I think the US still is in a type of a McCarthy era, why are you talking
in the past tense?  But that's a very long story, better taken to another
discussion group (maybe).

Aris Gerakis