SCREEN-L Archives

May 1993

From:
Song Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1993 08:17:03 EST
[This note is being distributed to multiple addresses.  Please
respond privately to the address listed in the .sig file because
I am not subscribed to all the lists to which this note is being
sent.  Feel free to forward this note to anyone whom you feel may
be interested in it]

I'm looking to put together a resource list for material related to issues of
gender specifically  in terms of issues  which cross gender lines  and gender
boundaries and assumptions about sexual orientation.

This  can   be  _anything_:  Essays,  biographies,   films,  plays,  stories,
non-fiction research material,  addresses of support groups,  etc. Even poems
would be interesting.

So what  I'd like is for  anyone who knows  of material that they  feel could
contribute to such a resource guide to send me the appropriate information at
one of the following addresses:

Please provide me  with as complete information as you  possibly can. If it's
an article, try to tell me what maginze  and issue it was in. If you've got a
book, tell  me the author  and the publisher. If  you've got a  support group
try  to  make sure  you've  given  me  information  that's as  up-to-date  as
possible.

I'd also like,  if possible, for people  who provide me with  this to provide
with with a  short descriptive sentence telling  me what it IS.  I.e., if you
were telling me about "Victor/Victoria," you'd say "Comedy film about a woman
who gets a singing job by pretending to be a crossdressing male" or something
to that effect.

Nothing major-- just enough to give me a clue ;-)

In other words, _don't_ send me a note  saying "I heard about a book in which
X happens.  You might want to look it up." I need _specifics_.

I  am _especially_  looking for  material  which addresses  issues of  gender
fluidity,  gender  uncertainty,  androgyny,  absence of  gender,  etc.  I.e.,
things that go _beyond_ the notion of gender rather than simply dichotomizing
it, but I'll  go for all sorts  of stuff that doesn't  fall specifically into
that arena.

Thanks for your help,

--Julie

| [log in to unmask] |  "Flavors mother nature never intended!" |
| [log in to unmask]  |    --"Tropicana Twister" commerical      |