SCREEN-L Archives

July 2006, Week 1

From:
Jonathan Cohn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2006 20:32:21 -0700
Dear colleagues, (sorry for the cross listing)

On behalf of the staff of Mediascape, I am happy to announce the
publication of our Spring 2006 issue. This is the Journal of the
Critical Studies Program at the UCLA School of Film, Television and
Digital Media.  We hope you will take a look at it, enjoy it, and
tell us what you think.

http://www.tft.ucla.edu/mediascape/index.htm

Features:

"This is our Holocaust": Deepa Mehta’s Earth and the Question of
Partition Trauma
         by Dorothy Barenscott

Eija-Liisa Ahtila's Affective Images in The House
        by Tarja Laine

Storied Stores: Visual Culture and a People's History of the Archive
        by Zoe Trodd

Reviews:

Women's History Trilogy (Kim Soyoung, 2000-2004)
       by Serena Formica

Closed Borders and Open Secrets: Regional Lockout, the Film Industry,
and Code-Free DVD Players:  A review of multi-region accessibility on
the Philips 642 DVD player
       by Brian Hu

Fostering International Cinema: The Rotterdam Film Festival,
CineMart, and the Hubert Bals Fund
       by Daniel Steinhart

Jonathan Cohn
UCLA FTV