SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

Sender:
From:
Stu Siegal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Oct 1994 20:51:14 -0400
Jennifer,

I wrote a number of papers, both undergrad and graduate, on Blade Runner, and
I know there is much material available.  It is a most rewarding film to
spend time with (wish I'd had the director's cut, though).

One issue you might consider relating the film to is abortion.  When does
life begin, and what is the definition of life? (NOTE: I'm inferring NO
position here, either way).  Another issue might be animal rights.  Are
humans the only creatures with souls?

Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll continue to find new meaning in this
outstanding film.

Good luck,
Stu Siegal