SCREEN-L Archives

August 1994

Sender:
From:
Ara Rubyan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 1994 14:19:31 EDT
Recently [log in to unmask] wrote:
We routinely think that serial or mass
killers grow up in a different society than we, but the reality is that all
of us have a hand in creating these people.
Well count me among the readers of this list who think that idea is a load of
horse manure.  I did not have a hand in creating any of "these people".  You
must have too much time on your hands to entertain yourself with ideas like
that one.
BTW, I just finished reading "The Chamber" which I understand is in
production now, and while I thought it was Grisham's best to date, I did not
accept his similar position on capital crimes and the terminal punishment
that is sometimes meted out by the system.