SCREEN-L Archives

August 1995, Week 3

From:
Missy Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 1995 08:08:19 -0600
Thanks to the folks who suggested several films that I can show my
students concerning editing.  I believe, however, that I wasn't too
clear in what I am looking for.

I teach *video* production... my students are generally not motivated
and would not make the connection if I showed them a film and discussed
editing principles from that view point. (Don't ask why they can't
do this... I don't know... but I've been showing films and getting the
'dead fish' look)

I'm in search of something along the lines of the old GUNSMOKE editing
film (anybody remember that?).  Heck... Iffen that's available I'd
love to have a copy.

I've been looking through several video catalogues but don't see
anything (from the descriptions) that look good.

I'm open for suggestions.

-Missy (who *really* is on holiday!)

Missy Price (Dr. Melissa Lee Price) | [log in to unmask]
Dept. Jour/Telecom, Northwestern State University of Louisiana

When I was young I learned to love, not spell.
Now that I'm older it's not quite as charming.  -- Kristina Olsen