SCREEN-L Archives

October 2010, Week 3

From:
Darcey West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:51:06 +0000
This week's In Media Res special theme week is called Case Study in a Regional Media Archive: The Texas Archive of the Moving Image [October 18-22, 2010]

Here's the line-up:
http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/

Monday October 18, 2010 – Elizabeth Hansen (Texas Archive of the Moving Image) presents: We Oughta Be in Pictures: Watching Texas on texasarchive.org

Tuesday October 19, 2010 – Horace Newcomb (University of Georgia/Director of Peabody Awards) presents: Media Archives and the Persistence of Memory

Wednesday October 20, 2010 – John Slate (Dallas Municipal Archives, City of Dallas) presents: When Hyperbole and Propaganda Clash: Texas, the Big State

Thursday October 21, 2010 – Afsheen Nomai (Texas Archive of the Moving Image) presents: How To Make Home Movies Matter?

Friday October 22, 2010 – Caroline Frick Page (Texas Archive of the Moving Image founder/Curator of Motion Pictures at George Eastman House): Rethinking American Media History, or Why Care About “How Motor Cars and Other Living Things Can Find Happiness in the Dallas Freeway System”??

Theme Week Organized by Elizabeth Hansen (Texas Archive of the Moving Image)

To receive links for each day’s posts and see our latest calls for curators, please join our Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=46530613457

You can also follow us on Twitter at @MC_IMR.

http://www.ScreenSite.org