SCREEN-L Archives

June 1995, Week 4

From:
Timothy Garrand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 09:24:45 -0400
I fought video for years at my school, but when we bought a high quality
laserdisc player and projection system, I found that the final results
on screen were close to 16mm visually and the sound was superior. It also
allowed far better access for analysis later with laser disc's ability to
instantly retrieve a scene or shot. In many cases the visuals on the
laser disc are superior to that on many of the poor quality 16mm film
rentals we used to get. In times of tight budgets, it is a necessary not
so evil.

Tim Garrand
New England College