SCREEN-L Archives

February 1995, Week 3

Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 1995 15:49:09 CST
Okay, I was told that the Clint Eastwood film was "High Plains Drifter", and
another one that I just thought of was "Escape From New York", and of course,
I mentioned "Shane" in the first note I sent.

Escape is a John Carpenter film starring Kurt Russell. At the end, he limps
away from the scene ripping an audio cassette apart, and then sets fire to
it. He may be whistling, so this might not qualify.

Someone else suggested "The Outlaw Josey Wales" for bolting protaganist, and
even "The Unforgiven". not sure about that last one, though. What is it with
Clint Eastwood riding off alone, anyway??

Did anyone think to mention "The Green Berets", although it was a group of
men leaving the jungles of Vietnam. Another 'Nam movie similiar to this is
Oliver Stone's "Platoon".

There are probably lots more, I just can't think of them. I don't think I'll
send you any more, though. I'm about thought out on this subject!

Have fun.                      Christi Lyon-Yonge