SCREEN-L Archives

October 2010, Week 4

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:42:26 -0500
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Screen Editorial (Glasgow) <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 7:49 AM
Subject: Call for Papers: 21st International Screen Studies Conference, 1-3
July 2011, University of Glasgow, Scotland

*Call for Papers: 21st International Screen Studies Conference, 1-3 July
2011, University of Glasgow, Scotland*

The 21st conference is organised by* Screen* journal and will be programmed
by* Screen* editors Sarah Street and Tim Bergfelder.* *

We invite papers on any topic in screen studies, i.e. cinema, television and
digital media. Submissions for pre-formed three-person panels will be
considered but not prioritised.

*Repositioning Screen History* will be the subject of the plenaries and will
form a strand running throughout the conference.

25 years after the 'historical turn' in film studies, we want to explore
what new approaches and theoretical models for the study of screen history
have been emerging over the past decades, and how changing environments and
contexts have altered fields of study.

To this end we encourage submissions addressing the following questions and
issues:

    - Rethinking the Canon (directors, genres, movements, institutions,
      periodisations)
      - New sources for new histories
      - Issues of preservation and restoration
      - Archival theories and practices
      - The impact of digital technologies
      - Decentring European Cinema and Television in the context of global
      media (cross-cultural influences, cooperation, distribution,
reception, the
      impact of migration)
      - Film History, Pedagogy, and Disciplinary Identity

Please submit your proposal using the attached template to
[log in to unmask], marking the email subject box 'Conference 2011', to
arrive no later than*** Friday 7 January 2011***.

For updates, please visit ***
http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/screen/conference2011*<http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/screen/conference2011>

<<SSC2011 proposal template in Word.doc>> <<SSC2011 proposal - pdf for
viewing only.pdf>>

*Caroline Beven* - Production Editor
*Heather Middleton* - Administrative Assistant
Direct line: +44 (0)141 330 5035
Fax: +44 (0)141 330 3515
Email: [log in to unmask]
*Screen*