SCREEN-L Archives

February 1997, Week 3

From:
Eugene Walz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 16:34:38 -0600
For the past couple of years I've been using _Film Theory Goes to the
Movies_ , edited by Jim Collins et al. in my first year film course (second
term). It can be murky and convoluted at times (I skip some essays,
translate others, and begin with films that have some of the
easier-to-understand ideas and prose (out of the order they are presented
in the book). But, supplemented with interviews and other more basic
materials, it has been a pretty good success.

Gene Walz
University of Manitoba