SCREEN-L Archives

May 1994

From:
Patrick B Bjork <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 May 1994 23:34:31 -0500
On Tue, 10 May 1994, John G. Thomas wrote:

>         For me, I would HAVE to include "Once Upon a Time in the West."  A
> "text book" of masterful filmmaking from Sergio Leoni who "out-Ford-ed", John
> Ford in making a western.
>

>                                 J. Thomas

_Once Upon a Time in the West_ is an overlooked film? Well. . .OK. My
choice is a little film called _The Dresser_ which stars Albert Finney as
a frayed at the edges Shakespearian actor touring England during WWII.
It's a kind of self-reflexive exercise that juxtaposes art with "reality"
underscoring the occasional futility of both. I can't remember the name
of the actor who stars with Finney but both are superb.

Patrick Bjork
Bismarck State College