SCREEN-L Archives

August 1995, Week 4

Sender:
From:
"C. Webb Young" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 1995 23:58:22 -0400
Comments:
Announcing the Summer 1995 volume of |T|E|L|E|C|I|N|E|
<http://www.rtvf.nwu.edu/telecine/>, the WWW "Journal of New Media
Authoring in the Digital Domain". Come check out our new look at a new
URL.

In this volume we are featuring some of the best critical and creative new
media work on the WWW. This issues's special feature is "Turning the Page
on Journalism - A Link to the Future of Information Acquisition and
Distribution on the World Wide Web". Also in this volume are an HTML MA
Thesis on the role of family in film-noir, experiments in the online
diary, a collaborative HTML novel, a critical look at the dialectics
between mass culture and subculture, and much more.

The WWW is emerging as a popular forum for the discussion and creation of
new media work. |T|E|L|E|C|I|N|E| was created to "publish" quarterly some
of the best critical and creative media work being done online.

We are currently soliciting work for our Fall 1995 volume so if you have
any work you would like to submit please let me know.  Also pass the word
on about what we are doing here.  I think that the type of work showcased
in the |T|E|L|E|C|I|N|E| is very important and I am hoping that more and
more people will begin to work in HTML.

site at the Northwestern University Department of Radio/TV/Film where we
are realizing the future of media production and study on the internet.
Links to our site are greatly appreciated and gladly reciprocated.

Comments and Questions can be sent to C. Webb Young at [log in to unmask]