SCREEN-L Archives

July 1997, Week 4

From:
Morgan Gallgher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 12:36:12 +0100
In message <[log in to unmask]>, jennifer taylor
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>I am doing research on sex and violence on tv. I would like peoples'
>
>How can sex and violence be limites?

It shouldn't be.

>Could tv stations be forced to put programs on late at night?

No.

>How can we convince them to do so if i will cause a decline in ratings
>and revenues?

Have you noticed these questions are a tad biased - for instance, you've
assumed everyone said yes tot he previous one?

>Which is a better approach to limiting tv violence?
>1. v-chip or laws to limit violence on tv of
>2. commitment on the part of the parents to morally guide the children
>on their selection of tv programs.

Neither.

You know, you really might want to work a little harder on the
questions, if you want to use the answers effectively.

:-)
--
Morgan

"Nunc demum intellego," dixit Winnie ille Pu.  "Stultus et
delusus fui," dixit "et ursus sine ullo cerebro sum."