SCREEN-L Archives

July 1992

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 1992 22:10:39 EDT
About NEGRO SOLDIER and public domain.  In general, all work done by and for
the Federal Government is, by law, in public domain.  Since we've already
paid for it, we have a right to use it.  I'd push harder on the topic of
NEGRO SOLDIER not being in public domain.  I'd insist on a written explanation.
There may be reasons, but bureaucrats have a habit of saying it can't be done
for various reasons when, in fact, they are making up the "rule" as they go.

Cal Pryluck                               <PRYLUCK@TEMPLEVM>
Dept of Radio-Television-Film             <[log in to unmask]>
Temple University
Philadelphia, PA 19122