SCREEN-L Archives

January 1996, Week 4

Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 00:08:24 -0500
--PART.BOUNDARY.0.17542.mail06.mail.aol.com.822287040

Hello Fellow Filmmakers (& Fellow-ettes~),

Just a quick update on the Filmmaking Society...
Enclosed is an updated GOALS handout for 1996.  I m really looking forward on
focusing on film
and the making of my first short.

Currently, myself and a few others are on pre-production.  I m feverishly
working at tighting some of the script up (4th draft) and trying VERY hard in
securing financing....

If anyone has ANY ideas or LEADS to where I might find some money (i.e. -
rich people looking for a taxwrite-off, grants that may be still available,
etc), PLEASE: let me know --- THANKS!

Also, I m open to hearing any comments or suggestions with this year s goals
for the group.
Just in this semester should be enough to keep people s interest and
involvement up I hope however,
I can t think of everything... (NOTE: if you re no longer interstested in
being involved in the Society or Filmmaking let me.  However if you ARE
interested, I d be HAPPY to hear from ya!~)

Thanks for being a part of this  extended family  that we re building in the
Filmmaking Society @ ASU!

Cineamatically yours,

DAN :-))

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.17542.mail06.mail.aol.com.822287040

=0D
Filmmaking society (At ASU)
=0D
*** Statement of Goals  ***
1996
=0D
1. A. COMPLETE A SHORT FILM THIS SEMESTER!
    B. Shoot a dozen (or more) quality shorts on both film & video to
        market to film festivals and Home Video releases (this year).
=0D
2. Foster a filmmaking community of students who are committed to work
    together on any given project (i.e. fiction shorts, commercials, etc.=
).
=0D
3. Start petitioning for a serious, hands-on Film Studies program to be  =
        implemented within the ASU curriculum in the next two years.
=0D
4. Remember to have Fun while being Focused when working on Film.
=0D
Future  Activities
Host creative & technical workshops on campus (i.e.: 35mm Panavision work=
shop!)
Visit local film sets in Arizona
Advertise the club everywhere in Phoenix (for $$ Financial support $$)
Network with other film clubs from other colleges (UofA, SCC, UCLA, etc.)=

Attend premier movies together (for Fun & Analysis values)
=0D
As of December, 1995, The Filmmaking Society had a database of more than =
100 people!
However...only about 30 people were seemed to be 'active' members.  =

=0D

In 1996, I encourage everyone to try to get involved in any capacity beca=
use:
        Everyone has something to offer;
        No matter how great or small;
        Get involved ... for there are many opportunities for us all!!
=0D
Currently, the Filmmaking Society is led by:
        * Campus advisor ---Matt DeJesus
        * Administrator --- Chrissy Kay
        * Vice-President --- Troy Martz
        * President --- Dan Barrett
If you have any questions, comments, or suggests, feel free to contact me=
!
=0D
Sincerely, =

=0D
Dan Barrett
President
Filmmaking Society
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
=0D

=0D

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.17542.mail06.mail.aol.com.822287040--