SCREEN-L Archives

October 2002, Week 4

Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 23:25:02 -0500
Hi,

There is a recent article on Rozema in North of Everything: English-Canadian
Cinema Since 1980, ed. William Beard and Jerry White.  Edmonton: University
of Alberta Press, 2002.  The article is by Lee Parpart, "Political Aligmnents
and the 'Lure of More Existential Questions' in the Films of Patricia Rozema"
294-311.

There is also: Robert Cagle, "A Minority of Someone Else's Continent:
Identity, Difference and the Media in Patricia Rozema's films" in Gendering
the Nation, ed. Kaye Armatage et.al. Toronto: University of Toronto Press,
1999: 183-196.

And Christopher Gittings makes several mentions of the film in Canadian
National Cinema. London and New York: Routledge, 2002

There are a number of other references in these articles.

best
js