SCREEN-L Archives

May 2000, Week 1

Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 13:04:59 -0400
>SF writers have toyed with such premises for some time, although the

Thanks for the responses but to be honest I was trying to remember a specific film (or TV episode or book) that's just right on the edge of memory taunting me mercilessly.  I'm sure you know that frustration.

In whatever is toying with my mind a person rejects a *better* reality (why "It's a Wonderful Life" doesn't work) for somebody else's sake but only that first person ever remembers what has happened.  There are of course a jillion sf stories about alternate realities and time travel (most extreme: David Gerrold's demented "Man Who Folded Himself") but it's not worth tying up the list with all that.

LT