SCREEN-L Archives

October 2007, Week 5

From:
Avi Santo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:34:23 +0000
Hi
all,

This week’s In
Media Res line-up:

(http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org):

Monday, October
29, 2007 – Roberta Pearson (University of Nottingham) presents: “Dharma
Orientation Film”.

Tuesday, October
30, 2007 – Judd Ruggill  (University of Arizona) presents: “‘I’m Here Because
I’m Bored’: Getting at the Nature of Ludic
Computation”

Wednesday, October
31, 2007 – Tasha Oren (University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee) presents: “After
Macaca: Virginia’s Next Youtube Moment”

Thursday, November
1, 2007 – Jennifer Petersen (Tulane University) presents: “The 60s
Counterculture as Musical”

Friday, November
2, 2007 – Chuck Tryon (Fayetteville State University) presents: “‘Just Like Ann
Coulter:’ Political Parody on the Web”

Please check out
these wonderful contributions and offer your thoughts
via a
comment.

http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org

ABOUT IN MEDIA
RES

In Media Res is
envisioned as an experiment in just one sort of collaborative, multi-modal
scholarship that MediaCommons will aim to foster. Its primary goal is to provide
a forum for more immediate critical
engagement with
media in a manner closer to how we typically experience mediated
texts.

Each day, a
different media scholar will present a 30-second to 3-minute clip accompanied by
a 100-150-word impressionistic response. The goal is to promote an online
dialogue amongst media scholars and the public about contemporary media
scholarship through clips chosen for either their typicality or a-typicality in
demonstrating narrative strategies, genre formulations, aesthetic choices,
representational practices, institutional approaches, fan engagements,
etc.

Best,

Avi
Santo

Avi Santo,
Ph.D.
Assistant
Professor
3014 Batten Arts
& Letters (BAL)
Department of
Communication and Theatre Arts
Old Dominion
University
Norfolk, Virginia
23529
(757)
683-6971

Co-Coordinating
Editor: MediaCommons: A Digital Scholarly Network
http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org
Co-Creator: Flow:
Television and Media Culture
http://www.flowtv.org

Express yourself with free Messenger emoticons. Get them today!
http://www.freemessengeremoticons.ca/?icid=EMENCA122
http://www.ScreenSite.org