SCREEN-L Archives

December 1998, Week 4

From:
david johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:31:25 -0800
Gloria,
I haven't done any research on the topic but a few movies into plays that come
to mind are:

Disney's Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid
Footloose --recently opened on Broadway
Victor/Victoria
The Apartment
Some Like it Hot--The Play was Promises Promises
Sunset Boulevard
Big

I 'm not sure if any of these "plays" added anything unique or thought
provoking to the original. At least with these examples they seemed a novelty
act or produced for amusement. I would be interested in hearing about movies
into plays that greatly enhanced the original movie.
Hope this helps,
David Johnson
Technology Coordinator/Reference Librarian
Chapman University Library
(714) 532-6044

--

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite