SCREEN-L Archives

June 2015, Week 5

From:
Carol Donelan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 2015 13:33:43 -0400
The Department of Cinema and Media Studies at Carleton College invites applications for a tenure-track position in digital video production starting September 1, 2016. An MFA or PhD is required. The position is at the assistant professor level but appointment at a higher rank will also be considered. Excellence in teaching, a strong commitment to the liberal arts, an active production-scholarly agenda and interest in connecting production practice with film and media history and theory is essential.

We seek a dynamic maker-scholar with a record of effectiveness in teaching undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds. The ideal candidate will teach an introduction to digital video production course; intermediate and upper-level courses in fiction production and techniques; and, in consultation with the department, additional production genres or studies courses in the candidate’s areas of interest. Carleton operates on a trimester calendar, with faculty teaching five courses per year.

To apply, please visit the Carleton College web site at jobs.carleton.edu to complete the online application by submitting a letter of application, CV, statement of teaching philosophy, two sample production syllabi, links to creative work and three letters of recommendation by September 18, 2015.

Carleton is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. We are committed to developing our faculty to better reflect the diversity of our student body and American society. Members of minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Carleton does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, veteran status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, status with regard to public assistance, disability, or age in providing employment or access to its educational facilities and activities.

Carleton is a small, highly selective liberal arts college dedicated to providing excellent educational opportunities for students. The College provides generous professional development support for both research and teaching. We are located forty-five minutes south of Minneapolis-St. Paul in Minnesota.