SCREEN-L Archives

January 1994

From:
Gary Gach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 1994 09:28:20 PST
 [B
FROM:  Gary Gach  <[log in to unmask]>

The Goldwynism about plot vs. story has come u
in my teaching, and I'm opening it to the list
:
an interesting topic, in and of itself, I'm sp
ecifically
wondering if any netters might care to suggest
 film
titles of films where the plot is essentially
superfluous
but the story is excellent.  (Deconstructionis
ts
may carp.)  I'm thinking of Bunuel's MEXICAN
BUSRIDE.  The recent BLUE might be another exa
mple
(and out here all the critics "spoiled" what l
ittle\
plot there is).

With greetings and best wishes to all for a go
od,
new Season!

Gary Gach       <[log in to unmask]>