SCREEN-L Archives

January 1996, Week 5

Sender:
From:
doellner christian m <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 18:00:56 -0600
On Tue, 30 Jan 1996, Harvey Roy Greenberg MD wrote:

> Would anyone out there know of any articles, books, pieces, et cetera about
> the group or Alan Parsons per se. Or any rock and roll type website. Or
> whatever

  There was a one hit wonder A.M. pop tune from the 70's: MAGIC. That if
  I'm correct had a connection with the Parsons project -band members etc.
  Rhino records has a series of one hit 70's A.M. pop hits titled HAVE A
  NICE DAY that gives nice bio notes in the liners.  MAGIC is one of the tunes
  included.  There also is a recent what everhappened to? One hit wonders
  record guide that gives a detailed look at the making of, and who was
 behind Magic and I believe this is where I discovered the Parsons mention.
 I also believe their was a BOX set devoted to the Parsons project that
 either just came out in the last year or will be coming out soon.

The alt.rockandroll.oldies (don't hold me to this spelling)
newsgroups is especially helpfull in tracking down esoteric info
regarding pop music.

                                         Christian Doelllner