SCREEN-L Archives

February 1999, Week 2

From:
Susan Vaill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 23:15:20 -0800
The following press release might interest you regarding the ending of
the film RONIN.

---------------- Begin Forwarded Message ----------------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

VERSADISC OBTAINS ALTERNATE ENDING TO RONIN FOR FEBRUARY ISSUE
Industry's Leading DVD Promoter Adds to Growing Base of Entertainment
Content

LOS ANGELES, CALIF. (February 2, 1999) - Versatile Media One (VM1) has
obtained from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. (NYSE:MGM) the alternate ending to
the
hit film Ronin starring Robert De Niro, Jean Reno and Jonathan Price.  The
one-minute, 45-second clip will appear on the next issue of VM1's popular
VersaDisc promotional DVD, due out in late February.

"Bringing this sort of unique entertainment content to DVD consumers is
precisely what VersaDisc's commitment to the DVD industry is all about,"
said
Giovanni D'Andrea, president of Versatile Media One. "We are excited about
raising the visibility of the release of Ronin on DVD by promoting this
historical ending of the film to our subscribers.  We think everyone who
saw
Ronin in theaters will appreciate the opportunity to own a free copy of
the
alternate ending to the film on VersaDisc."

VersaDisc is the most widely distributed consumer DVD promotional disc
and is
available through several bundling agreements and mailed directly to
subscribers who register for free at http://www.DVD4U.com.  The first DVD
of
its kind, VersaDisc provides consumers with a free full-length feature
film on
one side of each issue and news, reviews, game demos, music videos and
more on
the DVD-ROM side of the disc. Featuring the broadcast quality, storage
capacity and interactivity of DVD with real-time interaction by linking
users
of the disc directly to the Web, VersaDisc keeps consumers informed about
the
very latest entertainment content available on DVD.

MGM will release its DVD version of Ronin on February 23 and an online
event
surrounding the film will be held on March 14 at http://www.mgm.com.

Versatile Media One is a privately held corporation based in Altadena,
California.  In addition to publishing VersaDisc, VM1 is a comprehensive
DVD
studio, providing DVD authoring, encoding and graphic production. For more
information about VM1 and a free subscription to VersaDisc, visit
http://www.DVD4U.com, call (626) 296-6360 or email
mailto:[log in to unmask]

Contact:
InterActive Agency
Selacia
(310) 664-6710 x 110
mailto:[log in to unmask]

Christianna Billman
mailto:[log in to unmask]

                                                       # # #
InterActive Agency, Inc.
http://www.iagency.com
2701 Ocean Park Boulevard, Suite 201
Santa Monica, CA 90405
(310) 664-6710 (310) 664-6711 Fax

InterActive Agency is an online marketing, public relations and
advertising
firm. We specialize in driving traffic to Web sites and increasing product
downloads. Our list server continues to provide up-to-the-minute news on
our
cutting edge clientele and projects. We always encourage you to send us
feedback about this list server, our clients and our company.
Correspondence
should be sent to mailto:[log in to unmask]

TO SUBSCRIBE, UPDATE AND UNSUBSCRIBE:

TO SUBSCRIBE:
The iagency newswire http://www.iagency.com/register is customizable. You
can
select by category the type of news and information that you prefer to
receive. If you would rather subscribe by email you may click here
mailto:[log in to unmask] or send email to
awall@iagency
with the words "Subscribe" in the subject line. Please include your
contact
information in the body of the message.

TO BE REMOVED OR UNSUBSCRIBE:
Please click here mailto:[log in to unmask] If
this
does not work please email [log in to unmask] with "Unsubscribe" in the
Subject
line. Make sure to include your full name in the body so that we may take
care
of this for you right way. If you continue to receive announcements after
unsubscribing - please call Alan Wallace at (310) 664-6710 x123.