SCREEN-L Archives

March 2001, Week 4

From:
Jessica Rosner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:36:34 -0500
Though he may be to shy to mention it, Eli Savada who is a regular on
this list in one of the best copyright researchers. The Library of
Congress generally will provide you with a list of copyright
researchers available for hire. I don't know the cost but a simple
search should not be that high. The Library of Congress will also do
it for a fee but they take a lot longer ( I think they may have a rush
service) I would contact LOC for a list of names unless Eli or any
other researcher who subscribes wants to contact you

Jessica Rosner
Kino

Film and TV Studies Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>  I've been advised that a U.S. film I want to use for a documentary
is now
in the Public Domain.  A 16mm print is available at the NZ Film
Archives,
but they require some kind of confirmation of public domain status
before
allowing us to make use of it.  Would anyone have any idea of how we
could
go about formally establishing this?  The former copyright holders
have no
information, and I've already made contact with Rick Prelinger .

Thanks for considering this.

All the best,
Geraldene Peters

PhD Researcher
Department of Film, Television and Media Studies
University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Auckland
AOTEAROA/NEW ZEALAND