SCREEN-L Archives

August 2006, Week 1

Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2006 19:40:14 -0400
Has anybody suggested Young Mr. Lincoln in conjunction with the extensive 1972 Cahiers du Cinema analysis?  That's pretty much all ideological.

Other possibilities:

the 1955 and 1995 versions of Richard III, esp considering the vast amount of material on the original (& which could raise the issue about the durability of political concerns - I'm guessing few of us today much care about legitimizing the Tudors)

the coded-political 70s horror films such as The Hills Have Eyes, Scanners, It Lives Again (I think there's a Robin Wood essay about some of these)

Crumb (pop vs high culture, personal/political, family & gender issues)

Cradle Will Rock

Shock Corridor