SCREEN-L Archives

June 1997, Week 2

Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 1997 08:06:23 -0600
If anyone has tried incorporating Screenwriting theory and practice
techniques into a general Composition or Technical Writing class, I
would appreciate hearing about your experiences.

I teach Composition and Tech Writing in college, and I am also a
documentary screenwriter.  I've recently read some surface references to
the notion of introducing screenwriting to other types of writing
students to help demonstrate the variety of writing theories and modes
of writing, but I'm at a loss for coming up with ways to effectively
blend these ideas in a Composition or Technical Writing classroom.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Janice Wendel