SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 2

Sender:
From:
edwin jahiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 1995 19:52:13 CST
Got the following from a friend --passing it on.

E.Jahiel

Emilia, my 10 year old, and I were watching "What's Eating Gilbert Grape"
the other day.  She asked me "Why do people always look out the window when
someone dies?" Very perceptive. I think she's right--a movie convention.
I'm afraid I gave her a completely unsatisfying answer about needing
something to do, and getting perspective on the world at large.  Just
thought I'd pass it along.
Barb
Barb Oehlschlaeger-Garvey