SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 3

From:
David Desser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 1994 19:47:21 CST

It may be that someone else will point this out, but the Noel Burch book is
called "Theory of Film Practice." It is a book that Burch has somewhat
repudiated in a kind of Godardian act of reflexivity; I think it's a fine
book, as is Burch's "Life to Those Shadows."  There is also a superb
anthology on early film edited by Thomas Elsaesser called, "Space, Frame,
Narrative" that has individual articles which discuss issues of cinematic
construction and conceptions of spatial articulation.  They do not,
however, deal directly with rhythm, tempo, etc.

DD

David Desser,UIUC Cinema Studies
2109 FLB/707 S. Mathews, Urbana, IL  61801
217/244-2705