SCREEN-L Archives

April 1995, Week 5

From:
Dana Bonstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 1995 15:21:12 CDT
>I am helping a colleague duplicate single frames from several films for her
>book.  The process is fairly simple when the original is 16mm because I own a
>gadget (Duplikin) designed to do just that.  However, we also need to
>duplicate a frame from an original 35mm motion picture print.  Does anyone
>know of a company, university av dept or an individual  offering such a
>service?  Your help is appreciated.
>
>Renato Tonelli
>Hunter College Film Program

We've been capturing frames from both 16mm and 35mm prints for some time
now: we jury-rigged a Nikon LS3510AF film scanner straddled by a pair of
rewinds, and made slight modifications to the film holders (originally
designed to hold strip negatives and mounted slides).

The results are spectacular.

Please feel free to contact me at 617.496.2714 or by e-mail at
[log in to unmask] I'm sure we can help you out.

Regards,

            Dana Bonstrom
   Director, New Media Initiative
========THE FILM STUDY CENTER========