SCREEN-L Archives

May 1999, Week 1

From:
Carol Slingo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 1999 10:27:27 -0500

I saw the Argentine/US NO EXIT in an obscure Chicago theater years back. It was made around 1961 by Tad Danielevsky, although I have a co- director credit from somewhere of Pedro Escudero. Actors were Viveca Lindfors, Rita Gam, Morgan Greene, Ben Piazza, Susana Mayo, Elsa Dorian, Manuel Roson, Orlando Sechar, Mario Horner. I remember it being very stagy, in no way like anything Welles would consent to, let alone work on. I'd appreciate having the Spanish title, if anyone knows it. Or any information about Danielevsky, who is associated with the ultimate co-production debacle, the Hindi- English GUIDE (THE GUIDE); Vijay Anand's Hindi version is a national classic, but the US short form by T.D. has evidently vanished. Carol Slingo